There are so many benefits of recycling! It’s great for the environment, provides organization to your recyclables, can be financially beneficial, and reduces your trash. But what are the general guidelines for recycling? What materials can be or cannot be recycles? To answer those questions, here are the dos and don’ts of recycling.
- Plastic- Bottles or containers
- Glass– Jars, soda bottles, alcohol bottles
- Metals– Steel, tin, aluminum
- Paper/Cardboard– Food boxes (cereal, crackers, etc.), newspaper, office paper, mail, magazines, phonebooks
Do Not Recycle:
- Certain Plastics– Grocery bags, stretch wrap, plastic utensils
- Foam Containers– Foam cups, to-go/take-out containers, foam egg cartons
- Misc. – Sharp or broken glass., fast food bags and packaging, soiled products
It’s important to look up the recycling guidelines depending on where you live. Certain areas of the country may have more strict or lenient guidelines that must be followed. Please note that some areas may accept some of the items on the “do not recycle list” and vice versa for the “do recycle” list. Overall, recycling plays a key role into enhancing the environment.
We hope this guide has helped you determine what you should and should not recycle. If you have any questions regarding recycling and the services and products we provide, please contact us at Best Disposal Inc. for all your recycling rental needs.