Recycling is really important! Populations are growing, not shrinking, and every human adds significant waste to the planet during their lifetime. The frustrating thing is that, in most developed countries, it’s not difficult to make a difference. And, if we all made an effort to turn our trash into treasure, what a difference that would make.
Hopefully, the following recycling facts from this site will get your attention…
- More than 60 percent of the trash that ends up in garbage bins can be recycled.
- Aluminum cans can be completely recycled and put to use in a short time.
- 80 percent of a vehicle can be recycled.
- Glass can be 100 percent recycled and reused.
- Thousands of glass bottles and jars are thrown away every day.
- Glass products that end up in landfills don’t decompose at all.
- 24 trees have to be cut down to make 1 ton of paper.
- About 16 percent of the cost of a product is spent on packaging, which is totally wasted if it doesn’t go for recycling.
- Plastic products, many of which can be recycled, take about 500 years to decompose.
- 1 recycled tin saves sufficient energy to power a TV for 4 hours.
- When 1 glass bottle is recycled, it can save enough energy to power a PC for 25 minutes.
- 70 percent less energy is used to recycle paper in comparison to making it from raw materials.
Since 1996, our team at Best Disposal Inc. has been serving Lexington, North Carolina and surrounding areas. We offer a range of convenient and affordable disposal solutions, as well as trash compactor rentals. For more info, please contact us.